• supplier development policies and procedures
implement the supplier development strategy and policies through the deployment of standardized instruction manuals, processes and procedures that govern the qualification, monitoring, evaluation and development of metalsa suppliers.
• new supplier qualification
participate in the supplier sourcing process. review and evaluate the metalsa supplier business assessments (msbas) provided by suppliers, conduct on-site audits as needed, and develop and facilitate supplier improvement plans as applicable.
• supplier development, evaluation and relationship management
• advanced product quality planning
• cost reduction/ quality initiatives
• identify, evaluate, develop and qualify production and tooling suppliers according to automotive industry standards, metalsa standards, customer requirements and the specific operational needs of the metalsa facilities in the regions.
• implement a standardized supplier development and evaluation method for the suppliers in asia.
• familiarity with:apqp / ppap,core tools (aiag),iso ts 16949,
• iso 14000 auditor preferred
• iso 18000 auditor preferred
• vda 6.3 auditor preferred
• experience :
• 5-8 years of automotive industry experience (commodity management, sourcing, engineering or quality related to stamping, metal forming, molding and castings, steel, and/or assembly, or similar experience)
• 3 years of supplier development or related experience